The Board of Directors:
The board of the Chilliwack Christian School Society (Unity Christian School) consists of 9 persons elected by the Society. It then elects officers who serve as chair, vice chair, secretary, and various other standing committee functions.
The board acts as the guardian of the vision and mission of the school society. Through the System Principal, they ensure the school’s day-to-day plans and activities fulfill the school’s mission and vision. Each board member serves a term of office for three years and, in most cases, is expected to serve an additional three years. The school board’s duties include:
- Determining school policies that fit with the school’s vision and mission
- Appointing and supervising the System Principal
- Ensuring the implementation of the Strategic Plan
- Ensuring the short-term and long-term financial sustainability of the school
- Advancing the cause of Christian education
The Board Nominations Committee (a standing committee of the board) is charged with finding suitable candidates to fill vacancies on the board as they arise. They seek out committed Christians with specific gifts and abilities to maintain a diverse group of leaders who work together to guard the mission and vision of Unity Christian School.
The 2021 -22 School Board of Directors:
- Board Chair: John Kampman
- Vice-Chair: Lisa Smiens
- Secretary: Sandra Van Veen
- Treasurer: Doug Ensink
- Brandon Kloot
- Kyle Schuurman
- Ed Kuipers
- Earl Pauls
- Andrea Bakker
Please direct all correspondence to the Board Secretary, Sandra Van Veen.