Careers - Employment
Position: Grade 2 Teacher – Maternity Leave
Unity Christian School in beautiful Chilliwack, B.C. is seeking a Grade 2 teacher to fill a maternity leave position starting on March 29, 2021. The maternity leave position will be from March 29, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
About the Elementary School: The Elementary school is home to 12 committed teaching staff members and 220 students in grades K – 5. The Elementary school learning community is one that is collaborative, integrative, and focused on meeting the unique learning needs of elementary school students. From Kindergarten through to Grade 5, students are engaged in learning activities that foster a love for learning and a curiosity about the world around them. They are engaged in learning experiences that encourage them to ask questions, investigate and to seek answers, to explore and experience the delights of God’s world. Students are also encouraged to be discerning and to find ways in which they can better serve and support all of God’s people.
We are looking for a passionate and growth-minded individual, ready to be part of an exciting and progressive teaching team.
Position: Educational Assistant On-Call
Unity Christian is currently seeking individuals that would be willing to be on our Educational Assistant substitute list. Our Educational Support Services team is a wonderful group of professionals partnering with teachers and supporting student learning in the classroom. When an Educational Assistant is ill or unable to be at work, we call an Educational Assistant substitute on our list to provide the necessary educational services for the students in the classroom.
If you are interested in being on our EA substitute list, please send a current resume to our Director of Educational Support Services – Jeanette Berkenbosch – email@example.com
Position: Teachers On Call (TOC)
Each candidate must be:
- a committed Christian
- a BC certified teacher (professional TCB certificate)
- dedicated to Christian education.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- leadership training
- a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction
- administrative experience.
Each application should include:
- a current resume (including at least 3 professional references, with phone numbers)
- your BC Teacher’s Certificate, or equivalent if you’re from out of province
- university transcripts, if available (copies are acceptable)
- your philosophy of Christian education and leadership.
- a statement of faith.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unity Christian School
Matt Van Muyen – System Principal
50950 Hack Brown Road, Chilliwack, BC, V4Z 1K9
Phone: 604-794-7797; Cell: 604 992-9300
Bus Driver - Part-time and Full-time Opportunity! We Will TRAIN you!
• be a committed Christian,
• be dedicated to the cause of Christian education
• have/willing to complete the class 2 driver license.
• a current resume (including at least 2 professional references, with phone numbers),
• a statement of faith.